This week’s newsletter is for two weeks, since next week is a short week, with an additional worship service and the beginning of advent. I want to highlight three very important events coming up in the next few days.
- Thanksgiving Eve Worship – This is one of my favorite worship services of the year. It is unique from all our other services, and it is a wonderful way to get prepared for the days ahead. With Black Friday endlessly creeping into Thanksgiving year after year, this worship service helps us get the right mindset, so that we are worshiping and putting our focus on Christ for Thanksgiving, and the advent season that is fast approaching! I hope you are able to join this Wednesday evening at 7pm.
- Schedule Change – By now, all of us should be aware of the schedule change that begins next Sunday, December 1.:
- Sunday School begins at 9am and ends at 10am.
- From 10-10:30 we have time to visit and talk, and it gives musicians participating in worship and Sunday School and opportunity to practice without interrupting any of the classes. I have it on good authority that there will be coffee in the kitchen! If you have young children in Sunday School, be sure to pick them at the end of Sunday School at 10am. As with any change, there will no doubt be some bumps in the road, but I’m sure we can all be patient with each other as navigate this change.
- Worship begins at 10:30am.
- Deck the Halls – On the first Sunday of advent, December 1, following worship, we are going to “green” the sanctuary. Our sanctuary always looks spectacular every advent and Christmas. It takes many people to make this happen. We are going to be ready to switch gears after the worship service and take about an hour to hang the greenery. What a fun way to start the advent season. We hope you can stay and help us “deck the halls!”
We have so much more going on in the coming weeks than just these events, and I am very excited for what this advent and Christmas season.