Do you have a calling for ministry? CTPC is posting this announcement with the intent on investing into our youth and their families.
Please search your heart and read the description below. If you are interested and qualified, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Town Presbyterian Church
Director of Discipleship and Family Ministries
Position Type: Part-Time (30-32 hours)
- Develop and lead an intergenerational ministry to children, youth and families, with the goal of integrating children and youth into the larger church.
- Serve as a resource person for Discipleship and Family Ministry Team
- Recruit, train and nurture volunteers/teachers for Sunday School classes, youth ministry and other programs as needed.
- Assist with promotions and communications, with emphasis on social media
- Intentionally develop relationships with children, youth and their families. Equip parents, families and congregational members as they raise children in the faith. Maintain regular contact and provide pastoral care when needed, maintaining appropriate boundaries at all times.
- Participate in regular staff meetings (usually weekly).
- Assist with worship leadership as gifts and time allow.
- Support safe sanctuaries policies in full.
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and is attentive to his/her personal spirituality.
- Graduate of an accredited four year college or university. Seminary Training preferred.
- Training and/or experience in ministry to children, youth and their families with the ability to relate across generations and build positive relationships.
- Competent in Biblical knowledge with an understanding of Reformed Theology and Polity.
- Strong leader with skills in assessing programs and people and the ability to recruit and equip volunteers for ministry.
- Ability to shape and communicate a clear vision for ministry and translate that vision into effective programs.
- Has good organizational skills, and the ability to set goals and priorities, following through on projects, both directed and self-initiated.
- Has strong communication and presentation skills, including competency in public speaking and use of technology and social media.
- Works well in a team setting and is flexible, creative and resourceful, with a sense of humor.
- Adept at being dependable, conscientious and confidential.
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Accountability: To the Sr. Pastor as head of staff and to the Session through the DFM and Personnel Committees.